L&L CONSULTING, LLC, A DIVISION OF LEFTWICH & LUDAWAY, LLC, has operated in the District of Columbia since 2004 and offers a full range of management services to private companies and associations, government agencies (local, state, and federal), non-profit organizations and educational institutions.
The Honorable Kim Kendrick serves as Senior Vice President responsible for the overall management of L&L Consulting. She brings over 25 years of experience to the L&L Consulting team. Ms. Kendrick, a former Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity in President George W. Bush’s Administration, is known as a change agent who gets results. In 2008, when foreclosures began to rise throughout the Nation, Ms. Kendrick created a new Fair Lending Division to review lending policies of national banks to ensure that they were non-discriminatory. In addition to her federal experience, she served as the General Counsel to the District of Columbia Housing Authority, while it was controlled by the local courts and a court- appointed receiver. Utilizing her leadership skills, both legal and non-legal, within five years she was able to help the Housing Authority, unlike other District agencies, to successfully remove itself from local court control. Kim has also served as General Counsel to Covenant House Washington, a non-profit organization that houses, protects, and educates homeless and runaway youth. She currently serves as Secretary to the Board of Directors for Shelter House, Inc., a homeless shelter that serves the needs of families in Fairfax County, Virginia.
Sherry F. Bellamy, Vice President, is no stranger to leading change in a corporate environment. Ms. Bellamy recently retired as Vice President and Deputy General Counsel for Verizon Business after a career of over 25 years in the telecommunications industry. At Verizon, she had significant roles in several industry mergers, and also served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Bell Atlantic-Maryland, overseeing the company’s Maryland operations, with particular responsibility for governmental, external and regulatory affairs, as well as liaison to its major corporate customers. In her role as President, Ms. Bellamy was appointed by Governor Parris Glendenning to the Maryland Economic Development Commission. Sherry currently serves as a Director for Johns Hopkins Medicine, where she serves on the Audit and External Affairs Committees and is Vice Chair of the Board of the Atlas Performing Arts Center in the District of Columbia. A lawyer by training, Ms. Bellamy has received numerous awards and honors, including Washingtonian Magazine’s “Most Powerful Women in Washington,” and Baltimore Magazine’s “Top Women in Business.”
The L&L Consulting team also includes several members with broad executive management, change management, human capital development, and strategic planning skills. Our team’s sector experiences include federal government, local government, non-profit, corporate, and small business.
At L&L Consulting, we do not have a “cookie cutter” approach to working with our clients. L&L Consulting prides itself on being able to provide customized corporate solutions to help organizations navigate through their most challenging situations such as, downsizing or restructuring, their growth periods, or when employee/manager morale is on the downswing. Our objective is to help each client reach their business objectives by drawing on decades of executive management experience and an array of resources to tackle any problem. In addition, the L&L team provides balanced assessments and unbiased advice to assist companies in making informed decisions that lead to measurable results.
- ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT – L&L Consulting works with organizations and their staff to increase their effectiveness and viability. To effect change, L&L Consulting works to change the beliefs, attitudes, values, and structure of organizations so that they can better adapt to new technologies, markets, and challenges. To help manage change, L&L Consulting looks at an organization’s leadership, processes, strategies, structure, and its culture to help guide it through necessary changes that will allow the organization to improve its effectiveness.
- COACHING FOR EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE – L&L Consulting works with executive leaders and all levels of management to ensure that each member of the team understands his/her role in the organization and provides strategies to help each team member optimize his/her contributions to the bottom line.
- TEAM EFFECTIVENESS – In these times of rapid, on-going change, every organization must constantly look for ways to perform more effectively and more efficiently. L&L Consulting is an excellent resource for working with teams and helping members develop the tools and capacity to become more agile in responding to and finding the competitive advantages in an ever-changing environment. L&L Consulting is also associated with a law firm with a cadre of lawyers to assist with any related legal concerns.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING – L&L Consulting collaborates with clients to find innovative and cost effective solutions to organizational challenges. We work with boards of directors, executives, and/or management teams to develop plans for continued success and tactical blueprints to ensure that the final plan is not filed, but actually implemented. L&L Consulting also conducts organizational assessments, including evaluating business programs/strategies, reviewing corporate ethics programs, and assessing work flow and time management for all levels of management.
- REGULATORY/PUBLIC POLICY ADVOCACY – L&L Consulting understands local, state and federal statutory and regulatory processes and offers extensive experience in educating public policymakers or other key external stakeholders in an effective manner, which leads to success in achieving crucial objectives.
- TRAINING – L&L Consulting uses dedicated teams to work with in-house expert(s) to develop content for custom training programs and materials that fit the unique requirements of our clients, through classroom, “suitcased,” and individual on-line modes.
- COMMUNICATIONS/EXTERNAL AFFAIRS – Poorly crafted and ineffectively delivered communications and external affairs strategies can destroy even the most carefully considered plan. When you need to communicate with the general public, for whatever reason, L&L Consulting is your best partner in determining when to share your story, to whom you should communicate your story, and how to effectively communicate your story.
- Legal Services Corporation
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Washington Convention and Sports Authority
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Verizon Washington
- Bella Marketing Management, LLC